Book early and save $1,500 per person on all stateroom categories and suites on this exciting Kimberley Cruise! Plus when you book by July 31, 2022, receive an additional $250 Savings per person!
12 Day Kimberley Cruise: Australia’s Last Frontier 2023
Departs: May 12, 2023 | Ship: Le Laperouse | Broome, Australia to Darwin, Australia
WAS $1,5995 per person NOW $14,495 per person (Classic Stateroom Cat. 1)
Discover one of Australia’s wildest and most spectacular locales on an all-encompassing Kimberley coast adventure led by A&K’s passionate Expedition Team. Combining one-of-a-kind wildlife with lush scenery and indigenous culture, this thrilling voyage features flights over Mitchell Falls and the Outback’s Bungle Bungle Range, hikes to ancient rock art, and crocodile spotting on the Hunter River, and a Zodiac excursion into a rare horizontal waterfall.
- Cruise for 10 nights on an exclusively chartered voyage with A&K and uncover the breadth and charm of Kimberley’s rugged coast
- Begin your journey with a two-night stay in the Outback beach town of Broome, known for its white sands, turquoise surf and spectacular sunset
- Discover ancient rock art during off-the-beaten-path excursions to Freshwater Cove and Bigge Island
- Take off on an included helicopter tour of Mitchell Falls with its tumbling cataracts and pristine freshwater pools
- Discover the Kimberley coast’s labyrinth of coves, valleys and gorges with Zodiac excursions, exploring the mangrove-dotted Hunter River and the canyons and twin falls of King George River
- Soar over the beehive domes of the Outback’s Bungle Bungle Range on a fixed-wing flightseeing adventure
INCLUDED WITH THIS LUXURY EXPEDITION CRUISE
- An Exclusively Chartered, All-Inclusive Voyage Led by A&K’s Expedition Team
- Pre and/or Post Cruise Stay at Stylish, Ideally Located Hotels and A&K-Led Excursions
- Airport Meet and Greet and Transfers
- Private Balcony with Every Onboard Accommodation and Butler Service with Every Suite
- Maximum Personnel-to-Guest Ratio of 1 to 1.3 and ship occupancy limited to 80 percent
- Culinary Program Featuring French-Inspired Cuisine, Including House Drinks, Afternoon Tea and Pastries
- 24-Hour Room Service and Breakfast in Bed on board
- Zodiac and Shore Excursions Led by A&K Expert Naturalist Driver-Guides
- Enrichment program, lectures and presentations
- Traveller’s Valet® Laundry Service on board
- All Gratuities, Port Charges and Taxes
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on Board and in Hotels
- Onboard Service from an English-Speaking Staff, Including an Accredited Physician
- 24/7 A&K On-Call Support
Day by Day Itinerary
Be sure to ask about other ways to explore Australia in luxury with Abercrombie & Kent
Day 1: BROOME, AUSTRALIAMay 13, 2023 | Expedition Begins | Hotel: Cable Beach Club Resort & Spa | Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Arrive in Broome, the region’s largest city, and transfer to your hotel near Cable Beach. Poised at the western edge of the Kimberley and hemmed by the blue Indian Ocean, Broome is every bit as daring as its more sparsely populated counterparts. The next day, explore this swashbuckling treasure at your leisure, taking in its sweeping beaches, cinematic sunsets, and relaxed atmosphere. Then meet your fellow guests and A&K’s Expedition Team for a welcome dinner.
Day 2: BROOME | JEWEL IN THE WILDSMay 14 2023 | Board Ship | Ship: Le Laperouse | Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Adventure awaits as you set out on your pre-selected excursion, whether it be a city tour of Broome’s historic pearling industry and rich multicultural past or a birding walk on Roebuck Bay. Later, board your luxury expedition cruiser for the next 10 nights.
Days 3 - 7: KIMBERLEY’S WILD COAST | EXTRAORDINARY TIDESMay 15 - 19 2023 | Ship: Le Laperouse | Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
For the next five days, enjoy privileged access to one of the most rarely visited regions in Australia. Each day, inspiring lectures, briefings and stimulating conversations with your Expedition Team elevate your discoveries in the Kimberley, bringing this vast wonderland into focus in a most enriching way. Your Captain and Expedition Team determine the best daily excursions, which may include: Lacepede Islands; Horizontal Falls; Montgomery Reef; Freshwater Cove; Mitchell Falls; Hunter River; Bigge Island.
Day 8: VANSITTART BAY | MYSTERIOUS ANCIENT ROCK ARTMay 20 2023 | Ship: Le Laperouse | Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
During one of his many survey expeditions, Admiral Phillip Parker King named Vansittart Bay after the pre-1788 Indonesian pottery found there. Conditions permitting, visit Jar Island, home to incredible ancient rock art of mysterious origin. Known as the Bradshaws, the stick-like figures are named for pastoralist Joseph Bradshaw, who first recorded seeing them in 1891. Said to date back as far as 30,000 years, the Bradshaws are among the oldest depictions of human figures in the world.
Day 9: KING GEORGE RIVER & FALLS | THE KING’S TREASUREMay 21 2023 | Ship: Le Laperouse | Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Arrive in Koolama Bay at the mouth of the King George River, named in honor of King George V. Your naturalist guides pilot sturdy Zodiacs upriver through a spectacular canyon draped in sandstone cliffs, gorges and mangroves, where you may spy impressive Aussie wildlife, such as the saltwater crocodile. Witness the awe-inspiring King George Falls, plummeting from an elevation of 276 feet.
Day 10: WYNDHAM | GATEWAY TO NATURAL WONDERSMay 22 2023 | Ship: Le Laperouse | Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Beautifully poised between Cambridge Gulf and rugged hills in the northernmost region of the Kimberley, the former gold rush town of Wyndham is the gateway to a bounty of photogenic wetlands. This includes the spectacular Ord River, where you may spot unique birds; the man-made Argyle Dam; and UNESCO World Heritage-listed Purnululu National Park. Choose from a wildlife cruise on the thriving Ord River or a scenic flight over east Kimberley and the Bungle Bungle Range, one of Australia’s greatest natural wonders.
Day 11: AT SEA & PULAU MEATIMIARANG, INDONESIA | CRUISING THE TIMOR SEAMay 23 2023 | Ship: Le Laperouse | Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Enjoy a day at sea on your luxury expedition ship and the opportunity to unwind while cruising through Indonesian waters to clear customs. Take time to reflect on your adventures, share photos and attend more intriguing presentations, all part of an endlessly fascinating enrichment program. You may also choose to relax and enjoy the ship’s facilities, perhaps the spa or the view from your room’s private balcony. Later, join your Expedition Team and the new friends you’ve made for a farewell dinner.
Day 12: DEPART DARWINMay 24 2023 | Expedition Ends | Meals: Breakfast
Bid farewell to your Expedition Team and fellow guests before disembarking your ship. Transfer to the airport to board your flight home or continue exploring on your post-tour extension.