Introducing Oceania Cruises’ SailSAFE™ Health and Safety Program
Our vision is to be the vacation of choice for everyone around the world. That’s why we’ve enhanced our commitment to health and safety with our SailSAFE™ program. To protect our guests, crew and communities we visit, we have developed a robust and comprehensive health and safety strategy with new and enhanced protocols to create multiple layers of protection against COVID-19. Initial voyages will operate with fully vaccinated guests and crew, combined with preventative health and safety measures which we believe will provide a uniquely safe and healthy vacation experience. Our science-backed plan for a safe and healthy return to cruising was developed in conjunction with a diverse group of globally recognized experts and will be continuously evaluated using the latest science and technology.
SAFETY FOR OUR GUESTS & CREW
Pre-Cruise Vaccinations, Testing, Screening & Check-In
ALL INDIVIDUALS (GUESTS & CREW) MUST BE VACCINATED
- All guests and crew must be fully vaccinated, at least 2 weeks prior to embarkation, in order to board.
UNIVERSAL TESTING FOR ALL GUESTS & CREW
- All guests will be required to take a COVID-19 antigen test, administered and paid for by the cruise line, prior to boarding and receive a negative result. In addition, a second COVID-19 antigen test will be administered prior to disembarkation.
- Guests are also responsible for complying with all local health and safety requirements, potentially including additional COVID-19 testing, to enter the country where the voyage originates (port of embarkation) and to return home post cruise.
- Travel requirements are evolving quickly and vary depending on the port and country of departure. Communication will be sent to all booked guests in the 30 days prior to setting sail, to share the latest requirements for each departure port.
ADDITIONAL PRE-EMBARKATION HEALTH SCREENING
- All guests will undergo pre-embarkation health screening including an enhanced health questionnaire and touchless temperature check.
SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE CHECK-IN
- We’ve designed an enhanced, staggered embarkation process and new check-in system to streamline check in for guests by allowing documents to be signed electronically.
- Additionally, embarkation terminals will be disinfected continuously, and where possible, fogged before and after each embarkation and debarkation.
Onboard Face Coverings, Controlled Guest Capacity, Hand Sanitation
- Face coverings are currently required for guests while indoors except for in their own accommodations and while eating and drinking in restaurants, bars and lounges or outdoors when physical distancing is not possible.
- Face coverings may be required in certain settings to comply with local requirements, for example in terminals for embarkation and disembarkation or at ports of call.
- We will continue to monitor public health guidance, including from the CDC, at the time of your voyage and modify requirements accordingly.
CONTROLLED GUEST CAPACITY
- We will initially control the guest capacity onboard each ship to provide even more space for responsible physical distancing.
- To further support physical distancing, we have increased spacing in dining and entertainment venues and other onboard spaces.
CONTACTLESS FOOD SERVICE SHIP-WIDE
- Contactless food and beverage service will be provided across all ships with service staff stationed ship-wide, including all restaurants and lounges, and shared use items will be removed where possible.
- All guests will be required to engage in frequent handwashing.
- Hand sanitizer will be prominently placed and easily accessible throughout the ship.
ONBOARD HEALTH MONITORING FOR GUESTS & CREW
- Temperature checks and ongoing symptom screening will be practiced throughout the cruise.
SAFETY ABOARD OUR SHIPS
Onboard - Increased Sanitation Measures, Upgraded Air Filtration Systems, Enhanced Medical Teams & Facilities
CONTINUOUS SHIP-WIDE CLEANING & DISINFECTION MEASURES
- Comprehensive enhanced cleaning and sanitation protocols have been implemented throughout the cruise experience.
- Our 24/7 prevention schedule features continual disinfection of public areas and high-traffic touch points using EPA-approved disinfectants.
- Guest accommodations will receive intensive non-toxic microbial disinfection daily.
UPGRADED MEDICAL-GRADE AIR FILTRATION SYSTEMS
- To provide cleaner air for our guests we are strategically installing medical-grade air filters of the highest filtration grade, MERV 13 or HEPA according to the type of HVAC system installed on board.
- The upgraded H13 HEPA air filters are capable of removing 99.9% of airborne pathogens, including SARS-CoV-2 (coronavirus), the virus that causes COVID-19.
- A new air treatment technology, bio-polar ionization, has been adopted to continuously disinfect the air in occupied spaces.
ENHANCED ONBOARD MEDICAL TEAMS & HEALTH SERVICES
- We’re improving our onboard medical capabilities with additional staffing relative to capacity and enhanced facilities. This includes an increase in intensive care unit capacity, new and upgraded equipment, onshore medical institution partnerships, telemedicine capabilities and additional robust consultation and treatment options.
- Onboard medical centers are abundantly stocked with common prescription medications, remedies, and virus-testing equipment.
- Complimentary consultations and treatments are provided for respiratory illnesses as well as dedicated isolation accommodations should the need arise.
DEDICATED PUBLIC HEALTH OFFICER
- Each ship will have a dedicated Public Health Officer on board. This expert is responsible for the oversight of all outbreak prevention initiatives. They will oversee the day-to day sanitation and cleanliness of all public areas and accommodations.
- Each ship will also have an Infectious Disease Prevention Officer on board.
Oceania Cruises' Destination Itineraries and Shore Excursions
STRATEGIC ITINERARY DEVELOPMENT & SHORE PARTNERS
- We constantly monitor the health environment across the globe and will modify or cancel itineraries to affected areas as needed
- We’re partnering with our local destinations and tour operators to extend our comprehensive health & safety protocols to shore.
Thorough & Effective Mobilization Plan
- If a positive case of COVID-19 occurs, we have various contact tracing methodologies to identify and notify those who may have been exposed.
- Dedicated isolation and quarantine accommodations will be available if needed.
- We have developed a thorough mobilization and response plan focused on providing medical treatment, collaborating with local authorities and coordinating safe passage home for all guests and crew should the need arise.
- We have established relationships with onshore medical institutions and enhanced our telemedicine consultation capabilities.
Oceania Cruises is the world’s largest upper premium cruise line, and our Travel Advisors have enjoyed their services and amenities for years. Expertly Crafted Cuisine, Curated Travel Experiences and Small Ship Luxury are the pillars that define Oceania Cruises’ five-star product, positioning the line as the cruise company of choice for travelers seeking a truly refined and casually elegant travel experience.
Terms & ConditionsContact a Travel Advisor for full terms and conditions.